Clapps Mead Playing Field
Clapps Mead Playing Field, Mill Lane Chideock was gifted to the Parish Council on 8 February 1938 in memory of Annie C Grafton by her husband Walter P Grafton and their children Eric A Grafton and Rowena Grafton.
The bequest conveys Clapps Mead to the Parish Council to hold in fee simple as public ground under the Recreation Grounds Act 1859 to be used in perpetuity as a Playing Field and Recreation Ground for the benefit of the inhabitants of the parish, subject to a schedule of 23 further trusts and conditions.
The area is maintained by volunteers, except that the Parish Council pays for the grass to be cut, excluding the Children's Play Area.
The equipment in the play area has been purchased by the Parish Council with the aid of grants. Aging equipment is being replaced as funding allows.
The equipment is visually inspected every 2 weeks and a ROSPA inspection is carried out annually.